Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Blog Archive

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Untitled - 11/9/09

Confined within what little space she had left to breathe, she reached out her left hand and tried to grasp mine. Her soft fingertips fell just short of my body, and she missed again.
I left her that day, lying cold and alone on the sidewalk. She could not breathe here, the air so polluted with the false promises people provided her with. I offered her needle and threat to mend her broken heart, but she pushed me away more and more everyday. She told me she would learn from her mistakes, from her foolish times where she had let people hurt her. But she would never learn.
‘Love is not something that is supposed to mend my heart’ She told me, hoarse and thirsty from all her cheap talk. ‘I learn from the foolish acts of love, from the insanity that it provides me with. From the fall, I get back up.’ She blinked away the last of her salty tears, and rested her head upon the cold cement.
I walked away, as her eyes shut and her sobs were muffled by the backbeat of heels on the sidewalk. She was droned out by the city noises, and nobody noticed her shivering cold body there. Her heart did not beat, and it was not my fault. One day, perhaps she would see that she was the victim to her tough love; I was just there to help her.

0 comments: